Friday, July 27, 2007

Perusal.

All of my email at work is, not surprisingly, in Japanese. This means I can hardly understand any of it so I have resorted to using Google Translate to quickly get a rough idea of what an email is about. If the topic appears important enough for a more careful translation, I'll start looking up individual words and picking apart the grammar into understandable chunks. Although the Japanese to English leaves much to be desired (it is in beta), what comes out is almost always amusing. Here is today's translation.
The web [kurieitazu] September edition of July 29th sale has reached. “The design part 62 which with main special edition style seat &JavaScript is expressed” “WEB chestnut thornback tar second life enrollment” giving brown machine side, the magazine rack it leaves upper. Perusal.

4 comments:

Susan said...

What was the real meaning?

Jeffrey said...

That is (quite appropriately, all things considered) is left as an exercise to the reader.

Susan said...

NOOOOooooo!!!!

Megs said...

I love how I just now discovered this blog existed. Don't you know I'm always looking for ways to waste time? Seriously, Jeff.